JOB TITLE: NIGHT SUPER
Purpose of the Job
Key Performance Areas
• The Senior RN focuses on the delivery of quality competent nursing care. The incumbent acts as a clinical resource and leader in a particular clinical specialty, performing functions at an advanced level competently and consistently.
Requirements for the Position:
• Registered as a professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
• Thorough knowledge of general/ specialized nursing theory and practice.
• Acts as the shift leader for the shift that he/she is responsible for
• Responsible for the delivery and co-ordination of competent nursing care during the shift for which the Shift Leader is responsible
• Supports and supervises less experienced staff, acts as a preceptor for new staff, and assists in the clinical teaching of junior staff
• Provide leadership in the clinical situation and acts an influential role model for best competent professional practice.
• Contribute to the ongoing research, development and review of best practice in the hospital
• Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
• Co-operate and collaborate with other hospital departments to provide appropriate support services
• Acts as a resource in the clinical specialty as a result of advanced and broad knowledge and skills
• Allocate staff members in a manner that promotes optimal use of staff to provide appropriate nursing care for the individual patient regarding his/her needs and specialised skills needed by the nursing staff member
• Adjust staff levels to provide for acuity level needs
• Active involvement in own professional development to maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
• Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
• Maintain and encourage effective communication and interaction within the unit, other members of the multi-disciplinary team and the public.
• Foster good interpersonal relations and public relations while interpreting/ applying the philosophy, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
• Ensure accurate billing of all stock used during the shift
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to
Subject Title: Night Super
Closing Date: 22 Feb 2019