For the safety of all our patients, visiting is strictly controlled at Capital Haematology Hospital. Visiting hours MUST be adhered to at all times and is limited to immediate family. A maximum of 4 visitors per day is permitted and only two at any one time. For our paediatric patients, parents are permitted to visit throughout the day and one parent may stay overnight.
Visiting hours are as follows: from 14:00 to 16:00 & from 19:15 to 20:00
- All visitors will be required to thoroughly cleanse exposed skin and wear sterile gowns, hair covering and shoe covers before entering a ward. These will be provided.
- All bags and personal belongings will be stored prior to entering a ward.
- No children under 12 are permitted to visit the hospital.
- Please do not visit the hospital if you are suffering from any infectious illness such as cold, flu or other infection.
- Visiting may be limited at the doctor’s discretion and family members will be advised.
Documents required for admission
In order to quickly process your admission and get you settled in without delays, the following
documents are vital for your admission.
- Proof of identity of the patient.
- Proof of identity of the principal member of the medical aid scheme if he/she is not the patient.
- Your medical aid membership card.
- Passport for International patients.
- Pre-authorisation number from your medical aid.
- All X-rays, scans, blood tests or other test results which preceded admission.
- A signed consent form from your admitting doctor.
- Pyjamas or nightie.
- Dressing gown.
- Clothing to change into for discharge.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush, moisturiser.
- Reading material and reading spectacles.
- Chronic medications in original packaging.