The above position has become vacant at Capital Hospital, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager and Responsible Pharmacist.
The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist. The Pharmacist Assistant will also assume responsibility for meeting patient’s needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
• Dispensing of medication under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
• Advisory and information service/ Primary health care services under the supervision of the pharmacist
• Stock control
• All administrative and reporting functions
• Assist pharmacists in all aspects of dispensing, procurement and ethical stock control
• Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications and storage of medication to patients
and other members in the healthcare team
• Involvement in all aspects of cyclical and full stock-take processes
• Keep updated with new developments in pharmaceutical field
• Capture retail prescriptions and TTO’s
• Management of designated stock area
• Prescription interpretation and dosage label production
• Related administrative tasks pertaining to document flow and house-keeping tasks
• Effectively communicate with patients, pharmacists, ward staff and internal departments and handling of
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
• Grade 12
• Formal Pharmacist assistant post basic qualification (registered with the South African Pharmacy
• Computer literate with sound knowledge of Pharmacy Billing
• 2 Years experience in private hospital experience advantageous
Interested applicants who are interested or meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org closing date 21th August 2020.